, , , , , , ,

DTLA Collision of Art and Fashion.


Los Angeles, I love this place and DTLA is my favorite part of city.  DTLA is the heart of the Fashion Industry, this is where all the wholesalers, retailers and manufactures sell their goods to the open public and merchandisers.  I've worked in the Fashion Industry for over a decade holding various positions such as Production Assistant, Sales and Showroom Coordinator.

Over the years many artists have moved from the suburbs to the historic buildings that have been converted to lofts and condominiums.  As a result, a lot street art is flourishing all over the city, which I welcome.  Check out the DTLA Art Walk.

My Outfit.

 Overall Skirt friend gave it to me.
Black & White striped shirt design by Sandi Martini :)
Thigh-high Socks Urban Outfitters.







Places I frequent in DTLA:

Hive Art Gallery :)  Lots of quality Art.

Syrup Desserts Famous for their waffles, sundaes and hot chocolate.

The California Mart  Samples, sales and showrooms.  Public samples opening every last Friday of every month,  my shopping secret for inexpensive goods. Hours 10am to 2pm.

Fabric District This is where I buy my fabric at wholesale prices. 

The Santee Alleys Shopping, love love love it.    

The Last Book Store Pure awesoness, great books at a fair price.

Central Library Gorgeous library.  Notable art and architecture to be found in this Library.
I used to spend hours there during my college and teenage years, so many memories. :)

Little Tokyo Great small area!  For shopping I recommend Popkiller and Daikokuya for Ramen noodles.

 Pie hole Best place for pies.

Don't forget to check out the Art District
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment