Hauser & Wirth :Neon Lights By Rhodes

This art exhibition took me into a journey of materialistic chaos colliding on with culture and capitalism taking border towns. 

A great deal of chaos and disorganized clutter, but the beautiful lights,showy ornaments, and piles of everyday objects that make up his installations are all purposefully placed and each has their own individual role within the whole.

The artist Rhoades included nearly identical objects from the two different cities to show the lack of ethnic significance of these material goods and the increase in production of such meaningless objects for foreign consumption. He explored two decades that have been carefully selected to summarize the artist’s interests and the subjects that preoccupied his practice: sex, politics, religion, art, race and gender.



I'm pretty sure I was a pile of  trash in my past life...




Like a moth attracted to the pretty lights!




Thanks to my friend Maki for inviting to this exhibition it was fun and interesting.  I know I haven't put up anything in a real long time and I also haven't been out of the house lately I constantly feel like I'm running out of time.  I' am glad I went out and I'm excited to start blogging again!!!

 Wishing you all a beautiful, peaceful day!!!

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment